Super Mario Galaxy Review Scores From Famitsu
Looks like my concern about Super Mario Galaxy’s quality might just be unfounded as the first reviews are in from Famitsu. As always they list four scores from four reviewers and they gave it 10, 9, 9, and 10. NeoGAF lists the translated bullet points from the issue.
* Keeps up the feeling of “I wanna see what’s in the next level!”
* Gradually builds up things available in game, keeping a good difficulty balance and level design.
* Gravity change gimmicks and special actions improve boss fights.
* Wiimote controls work almost too well
* Tempo is abnormally good
* Just being able to point and gather star pieces in exhilarating.
* Game everyone can enjoy.
The best line is “Wiimote controls work almost too well”. I’ll likely pick the game up on Thursday when it comes out and see if I can alleviate my disappointment over Sunshine.