Nintendo Fall 07 Hoedown: the essentials
October 10, 2007
It boils down to the following:
(in chrono order; keywords boldened)
- Super Mario Stadium Baseball revealed. Was this game a hit on the Cube? I didn’t bat an eye.
- Nintendo wants to increase Wii internet usage by setting up “a counseling center for connecting to the net from the Wii. They will offer support for setting up the internet at homes, and will also offer equipment.” Will that equipment include games? Cause that seems to be the problem.
- Virtual Console has reached 7.8 million downloads. Hooray for idiots.
- “Wii Ware will be released at a low price. There will be no problems with stock, so there will be no missed opportunities for sales. The competition of ideas will be important.”
- Pokemon Farm. Transfer your Diamond/Pearl creatures into this Wii Ware game and raise them in a farm environment.
- “The Wii Ware service will get more than just mini games and puzzle games.” Square-Enix will release an offshoot of the offshoot FF: Chrystal Chronicles with The Young King and the Promised Land, a Wii Ware exclusive wherein you build a country. Service begins in March.
- Nintendo wants to expand the vote channel to include game rankings and searches for games that fit your tastes. Expect absolutely no skewed or inflated numbers.
- They’re finally gonna start letting you download DS demos from home. The assumption is a new channel, but that’s just me talkin.
- Mario Kart will include the plastic wheel, as well as motorcycles, all PGR4-like. Handlebar peripheral announcement is forthcoming. Release targeted for Spring.
- Smash Bros will have Sonic and online. That’d be great news if it were news, but we expected both and Nintendo’s about 6 years fashionably late with the Sonic in Smash hype. Didn’t help that they spoiled the impact by including him in that Beijing game. Brawl has been delayed to late January in Japan, no word on the rest of us.
- Wii steals the former PS3 exclusive Monster Hunter 3, which is huge over there. Kaz clenches a fist.
- Wii Fit shown off. You already know.
That’s all, blokes.