Puzzle Quest for Wii?
Rollin tagged me to do this one because of my unabashed PQ lovin’, but to be honest I don’t know how I feel about this kind of news. Puzzle Quest on a portable system worked for me because I could crank out a few battles and put it away. I don’t know how I’d feel about turning on a console just to play Puzzle Quest since.
That said, Publisher D3’s gotta do at least these things to make me even consider buying Puzzle Quest for my (nonexistent) Wii.
- New Quests and storylines
- Finishing the quest in the portable version felt like a huge letdown. they need to beef up the ending sequence somewhat to make you feel like you accomplished something
- Online play
- Animated fighters duking it out on the bottom of your screen ala “Puzzle Fighter”
- Spot on Wiimote controls
- A vastly improved soundtrack
- New character classes, NPCs, and items
The 29.99 pricepoint is makes it more attractive than it would be at full price, but unless they pack it full of extras I’m good with Puzzle Quest DS, which as an aside I haven’t touched since I finished the main quest. The guys at my office are duel-averse, what can I say?